Hiring new employees is an exciting milestone for any business. But staying on top of payroll can be confusing and time-consuming: If the business fails to comply with hundreds of ever-changing tax regulations, they’re subject to fines and penalties. More than 40 percent of business owners make costly payroll mistakes every year.
Fortunately, there’s a simple solution that can give you back precious time and restore some peace of mind: delegating. In this article, we outline the most critical reasons to hire a professional service to handle your payroll.
1. Pay with confidence
Safeguard Deluxe Payroll takes care of everything. These trained professionals handle all the calculations, direct deposits and governmental tax remittances according to the latest rules and regulations. Safeguard Deluxe Payroll also handles the required record keeping and reporting, so that your payroll is processed efficiently, accurately and on time.
2. Avoid costly penalties
Never worry about penalties for paying your governmental source remittances late. Safeguard ensures your taxes are paid on time, every time.
3. Stick to your budget
Payroll services are an affordable option for most businesses. Whether your business has one employee or dozens, the flexible service plans are designed to grow with you, so you pay only for the payroll services you need.
4. Save time and energy
When you outsource payroll to the experts, you (or your employees) become free to focus on your business. You won’t have to worry if payroll will be done during your or an employee’s vacation or illness.
5. Avoid filing worries
Payroll experts stay current with the ever-changing tax rules and regulations, so you don’t have to. When you choose to outsource, you won’t have to worry about filing payroll tax-related paperwork.
6. Get the support you need
You know how complex, confusing and time-consuming payroll calculations can be. The Safeguard Deluxe Payroll team has the specialized training needed to manage your payroll (large or small) efficiently and accurately. Your payroll will go out on time while ensuring that your business is complying with all payroll tax obligations.
7. Keep payroll data secure
It can be embarrassing and detrimental to morale if the wrong eyes fall on the wrong payroll information. By outsourcing your payroll, sensitive and confidential payroll data is calculated off-site, so there’s little chance of a breach in confidentiality.
Safeguard Deluxe Payroll security features include:
- Limited registration: Only client administrative users and CSRs can create new users. An employee cannot sign up directly.
- Client security matrix: Screen-level security can be configured by user, so HR users, CPAs or department managers can be provided access to only the data they need to see.
- No local data storage: Safeguard Deluxe Payroll’s MyPayCenter does not store private data in the user’s browser. On many websites, data is cached locally for performance and easier access. This means that after a user is finished, another individual could click the back button to access sensitive data. With MyPayCenter, the entire page is re-fetched every time. So, once the user logs off (or is logged off automatically after 15 minutes), the data can no longer be accessed except by logging in again.
- Data stored by the client: Many web products will have a single database containing all client data. As a result, one tiny bug could expose sensitive data to other clients. With MyPayCenter’s unique design, this is not possible.
8. Eliminate guesswork
Safeguard Deluxe Payroll provides a wide selection of payroll reports. Everything you need to see to run a clean and concise payroll. You will even get a completed payroll journal entry, listing all your debits and credits. No guesswork! Get all your payroll information in concise, easy-to-understand formats. For your convenience, you will even have access to your electronic payroll data, fully downloadable into Microsoft Excel.
9. Adjust payroll as you grow
Payroll experts are ready to handle any changes you need to make. Hiring new employees? No problem. Moving from hiring contractors to W-2 employees? We’ll guide you through the process.
Do you need to adjust withholding or deductions? Safeguard Deluxe Payroll will take care of it. As your business grows, your dedicated payroll specialist will suggest and implement programs that will assist in retaining key employees.
10. Earn the trust of employees
Getting paychecks out on time isn’t a luxury, it’s an expected part of running a business. Safeguard Deluxe Payroll keeps your payroll running smoothly, providing employees with a direct deposit option and concise, easy-to-understand pay stubs. Safeguard Deluxe Payroll shows employees you are a reliable employer.
Contact your local Safeguard representative today for a free quote for payroll services.