How to Be Fearless When You Need to Make Decisions Excerpt:
Decision-making comes with the territory if you’re a leader. Still, even top-level executives can get a little queasy when they have to make a tough call, and you can be scared of making a choice for a range of reasons.
Some of the more common include the following:
- There’s such a high number of options that you’re simply overwhelmed.
- You feel like you can’t move forward without more data.
- You don’t trust yourself because of previous bad experiences.
- The logistical list for specific options is intimidating.
- Your mental health isn’t good due to biology, circumstances or both.
- The stakes are high and every option feels like it presents significant risk.
- You’re afraid of social ramifications of stirring up trouble and don’t want to be rejected/judged.
But this fear doesn’t have to stop you.