Competition for a car buyer’s attention is intensifying, and dealers need innovative marketing strategies to help them stay competitive. Being customer-centered and focusing on auto marketing strategies such as email marketing, social media, and promotional products can help ensure auto dealers are well-positioned to reach customers, no matter where they are. The automotive marketing specialists at Safeguard can help with marketing strategies for auto dealers that bring customers to your showroom.
What are auto dealers doing to market their dealership?
Auto dealers can market their dealerships by utilizing social media, communicating with customers through email, and improving brand recall with promotional products. Additionally, auto dealers should ensure their website is SEO-friendly, build trust with customer reviews, and use an online directory listing.
3 Marketing Strategies for Auto Dealers
1. Make Your Email Marketing Campaign Stand Out
Email should be your go-to touchpoint for customer interactions. Through email marketing, you can showcase your understanding of your customers and build advocacy through messages that inspire readers to act. To make your email marketing stand out, here are a few tips:
- Include interactive content – This can include anything that requires a viewer to actively engage and participate with the content to access the full experience. Counters, rotating banners, integrated forms, a slider, or a gif are all examples of interactive email elements you can use in your email marketing campaign.
- Personalized email experiences – Consumers respond more favorably to emails that look like it was created specifically for them. Email personalization allows you to cater to individual preferences by considering demographics, interests, and other information.
- Design matters – Remember: you only have a few seconds to make an impression on a potential customer before they move on to the next email in their inbox. If your layout isn’t aesthetically pleasing or at least designed in a way that’s easy to approach, it could affect your click-through rates.
2. Invest in Building Your Social Media Presence
The ultimate goal of your social media marketing should be to generate interactions with individuals who are ready to buy. Auto dealers can use social media to establish a relationship with a potential customer online and transfer to a sale when they are ready to purchase.
Auto dealers may use social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok, to engage with customers, provide information, and develop their brand. Auto dealerships can use these platforms to share new car arrivals, raise awareness of limited-time offers, allow potential customers to ask questions via direct messages, and nurture leads from social media to convert them into buyers.
Data indicates TikTok was the most downloaded app worldwide in 2022. It’s no surprise salespeople find TikTok is helping them find new customers and producing more sales than any other social media platform. By using Safeguard’s Guide to Social Media Marketing eBook, auto dealers can take a detailed look at social media basics and get tips on making the most of social media in a way that works for their business.
3. Use Promotional Products to Market Your Business
Promotional products help boost brand recognition and recall, with consumers hanging onto these items for six months. During that time, these items often find their way into an individual’s home, office, or car, where they are seen and interacted with often. That means a one-time distribution of promotional items could keep customers highly engaged with your brand for an extended period.
Auto dealers of all sizes can achieve their marketing goals with a low-cost promotional product campaign, as promo products have the lowest cost per impression of any advertising medium. Promotional products include t-shirts, hats, water bottles, notebooks, totes, mugs, and pens that can build awareness with your business name or logo. The more someone uses an item, the more your brand name or logo is seen.
Safeguard Can Help With Marketing Strategies for Auto Dealers
The key to realizing the highest impact is choosing swag products your audience wants and will use often. Generating more sales starts with finding new and innovative ways to reach potential customers.
At Safeguard, every interaction between a customer and your dealership is an opportunity to provide excellent customer service and build loyalty. See how Safeguard’s marketing experts can help you with specialized automotive marketing solutions. Visit our site to get started.
- Marketing strategies for auto dealers should include utilizing social media, communicating with customers through email, and improving brand recall with promotional products.
- Auto dealers can use email to build advocacy through messages that inspire readers to act.
- Auto dealers may use social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok, to engage with customers.
- Auto dealers of all sizes can achieve their marketing goals with a low-cost promotional product campaign.
- The automotive specialists at Safeguard can help with marketing strategies for auto dealers that bring customers to your showroom.