How can consumers remember your brand over the thousands of other brands they encounter daily? Company swag and promotional products help boost brand recognition and recall. On average, consumers hang onto promotional products for 6 months. These items find their way into an individual’s home, office, or car, where they are seen and interacted with often. A one-time distribution of company swag items could keep customers highly engaged with your brand for an extended period of time.
Company swag comes in many forms, including t-shirts, hats, water bottles, notebooks, totes, mugs, and pens that can build awareness with your business name or logo. The key to realizing the highest impact is choosing swag products your audience wants and will use often.
Is my business a good candidate for giving out company swag?
Companies of all sizes can achieve their marketing goals with a low-cost promotional product campaign. Promotional products offer the lowest cost per impression of any advertising medium, plus they provide name exposure that can last for months or years. Customers remember companies that give them gifts and are more likely to do business with that advertiser.
5 Most Popular Company Swag Items
Usability is important with promotional swag items. That item becomes a recurring reminder of your business when you pass out branded gifts, such as a shirt, mug, or pen. Every time they use your promo item, from writing a note to drinking their morning coffee, your business will be front of mind.
- Pens – Promo pens are popular because they offer practical functionality and carry a marketing message. Highly useful and inexpensive, personalized pens are ideal for long-term marketing as they typically generate over 3,000 impressions throughout their lifetime.
- Drinkware – From break room coffee mugs to workout-favorite water bottles, branded drinkware options represent a useful company swag item people will see nearly every day. Popular drinkware options include reusable bottles, stainless steel mugs, and vacuum-insulated tumblers.
- Reusable bags – Useful and functional, reusable bags are handy for various activities, from day-to-day errands to special events. Reusable bags are also an excellent choice for an eco-conscious swag item. There are several kinds of reusable bags a company can choose from, including tote bags, cotton bags, non-woven bags, and drawstring bags that can all show your brand name, logo, or message.
- Notepads – Even in the digital age, note-taking is thriving, and everyone needs a place to take notes, track tasks, jot down important ideas, or doodle. A sturdy custom-branded notebook is a valuable swag item, and they come in various styles and colors.
- Calendars – Calendars with your logo are one of the most discreet but efficient ways to build brand awareness. You get 12 full months of marketing with just one company swag product. Your calendar will stay on a prospective customer’s wall or desk for an entire year, reinforcing your brand identity and creating brand recall.
The more someone uses an item, the more your brand name or logo is seen. Many people use pens, mugs, tote bags, notepads, and calendars daily. When someone uses these items around other people, such as in an office environment, they have the potential for an even greater reach.
Promo Products Offer Greater Exposure for Your Business
Swag bags are useful for generating leads, building brand awareness, and retaining existing customers. Giving away company swag products at trade shows and company events or including them in an online delivery can increase awareness for your company among current and potential customers.
How you distribute your swag bags and what you choose to put in them often depends on where you plan to give them away. The items you select for a product launch will likely differ from the swag bag you are handing out at a trade show. While many events have returned to being in-person, several events and conferences are happening virtually. Take the opportunity to make your brand stand out by sending promotional items to potential customers who visited your virtual booth or who scheduled appointments. This is a way to keep your brand top of mind and still provide attendees with swag items.
Branded swag bags are a great way to expand your reach, build customer loyalty, and drive consumers to your business in a low-cost, effective manner. A Safeguard Advisor can help you pick the right company swag items for your business to build brand awareness and see the greatest rewards.
- Using company swag helps boost brand recognition and recall.
- On average, consumers hang onto promotional products for 6 months.
- Companies of all sizes can achieve their marketing goals with a low-cost promotional product campaign.
- Your Safeguard Advisor can help you pick the right items for your business to see the greatest rewards.